5 Holiday Foods Dangerous for Pets

0
107
source:floor8.com

For most, the best thing about the holiday season is the enormous amount of food and drinks that. However, you have to be careful what you give to your cat or dog or cat, or watch what they try to snatch. Let us learn which foods are the most dangerous for your pets during holidays.

source:floor8.com

1. Coffee

There is nothing like a cup of coffee after dinner on a cold night. Pups, kitties, and other pets must skip this tradition entirely though.

source:mentalfloss.com

Caffeine can cause seizures and abnormal heart rates in pets, and even prove fatal. Sodas or tea are also rich in caffeine, and should be kept far away from the furry friends.

source:pets.webmd.com

2. Bread Dough

Dough does little good to people, but it is far more dangerous to our dear little pets.

source:mentalfloss.com

Bakers and dough lovers have to pay attention to unbaked bread dough, because it can expand in their stomachs. Stomachs of some dogs may twist and cut off blood flow, resulting in an emergency surgery. Be careful.

source:pets.webmd.com

3. Chocolate

A little bit of this comfort food cannot be dangerous, right? Actually, it is known to cause seizures and be fatal to pets.

source:mentalfloss.com

Darker chocolate, as the one bakers put in holiday cookies, is more toxic for them than both milk and white chocolate. The dangerous ingredients are caffeine and theobromine, a chemical of the cacao plant.

source:pets.webmd.com

4. Macadamia Nuts

Macadamia has numerous benefits for us, and the nuts are a common ingredient in cookies. During holiday season, they are also an appetizer.

source:mentalfloss.com

This too, may be toxic to dogs. Although poisoning is not easy to detect in pets, the side effects are depression, vomiting, weakness, tremors, lack of coordination and joint stiffness.

source:pets.webmd.com

5. Alcohol

Go back to a time when you first started to drink. Think how little got you tipsy because you weighed less and were younger.

source:floor8.com

As our small pets weigh much less than us, it takes the smallest amount of alcohol to make them extremely sick. Keep your wine glasses away from the pets to avoid potential health issues, at least with them. You go ahead and relax for the holidays, you earned it!

source:floor8.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here